Parks & Recreation... Where all the FUN begins!!
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Independence area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
For UP-TO-DATE information regarding the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, our facilities, and programs, leagues & classes we offer, please contact our office at 319-334-6711 or LIKE us on Facebook. The Independence Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to add, modify, postpone, or cancel programs, leagues, classes, special events we offer due to weather conditions, equipment malfunction, lack of enrollment, and/or other circumstances.
On behalf of the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, we would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to all of the Summer Ball League Players, Coaches, Parents, Sponsors, Fans, and Staff who worked hard to help make this season of baseball/ softball another successful one. We are not able to offer this without all of you... Thank You once again & Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!
The Falcon Civic Center, River'sEDGE & the Independence Aquatic Center will be CLOSED on Thursday, July 4th in observance of the 4th of July Holiday. Enjoy!!!
REMINDER to Independence Aquatic Center PATRONS:
** The 2nd Session of Pre-School Group Swim Lessons begins Monday, 7/8 at the Independence Aquatic Center. The pool will close to public use from 5:55-6:35 PM from July 8th- 18th. Classes meet M-TH from 6=6:25pm for 2 weeks, however they will use Friday, July 12th & 19th as make-ups if needed. The pool will re-open to the public from 6:35-8pm on those days. If you paid a daily admission fee and would like to return after lessons, please ask for a hand mark at the front desk.
Thank you & Please Share 😊🏊♀️😊
Falcon Civic Center HOURS
June 1st- August 31st
Monday- Thursday 5:00am- 7:00pm
Friday 5:00am- 6:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm- 4:00pm
CLOSED July 17th- Labor Day
Monday- Friday 3:30pm- 7:00pm
Saturday 10:00am- 4:00pm
Sunday 10am- 4:00pm
Please call 319-332-1525 for information on memberships, classes and clinics offered, rental availability, and/or to reserve cages including HitTRAX.
Aquatic Center HOURS
Monday- Friday 12-8pm
Opens for the season on May 25th from 12- 6pm. We will have modified hours May 27th- May 31st due to school still being in session. Call 319-334-7464 as of 5/25 w/ questions.
Financial Assistance Opportunities...
It is our GOAL to ensure that EVERY child who would like to participate in the Parks & Rec programs we offer has every OPPORTUNITY to do so. If you express a financial need and qualify under the State of Iowa Income Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Please complete and submit the Financial Assistance Form (available at the Falcon Civic Center) along with a copy of your previous year's income tax return to the IPRD Director for approval. Approval takes place Monday- Friday from 8am-3:30pm and will take at least 1 business day to process. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.
2019 Advertising Opportunities...
- $300- Complex Advertisement (Wrap on a 4'x8' sign)
- $100- Complex Advertisement (RENEWAL)
- $150- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (2'x3')
- $75- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (RENEWAL)
- $75- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track
- $50- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track (RENEWAL)
- $50- IPRD Activities Brochure Advertisement (1/4" page) (850-1000 copies)
Form is available here or at the Falcon Civic Center. At this time, we are no longer accepting sponsors for our 2019 Summer Ball Leagues.
Independence Parks & Rec ~ Want to Know ~
- Memberships to the Falcon Civic Center and River'sEDGE are available for purchase. Cost information is available by clicking on the column at the left of this page or feel free to call the Falcon Civic Center @ 319-334-6711 or River'sEDGE at 319-332-1525.
- AM Aerobics & Wednesday Wake-Up Workout: 5:45am- 6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center Gym/ Instructor: Janet Buls/ Cost: Wednesday Only is a $4 drop-in or M-W-F is $24 per month/ Mondays & Fridays will focus on flexibility & cardio. Wednesdays Wake-Up Workout will focus on strength & cardio/ Register at the Falcon Civic Center.
- Main's Peak Performance Tae Kwon Do is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes currently meet on Mondays & Thursdays from 4:45-6:00pm. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $5.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled. Reminder: ALL participants MUST sign in at the front desk at Rive'rsEDGE prior to each and every class attended. Thank you. TaeKwonDo will NOT meet during the month of July.
- The 2019 Indee Bark Park Tags are HERE (at the Falcon Civic Center)... $25 per dog with proof of vaccinations!! $3.00 day passes are also available.
- For up-to-date information concerning the facilities we run, the programs we offer and the classes we provide, please LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGES: https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec/ https://www.facebook.com/riversedgesportfitness/ https://www.facebook.com/independenceaquaticcenter