Independence Community Aquatic Center
Officially Opened for the Season on June 1st!!!!
2017 Independence Aquatic Center SeasonJune 1st- August 20th, 2017
Aquatic Center Hours of Operation
Open Swim 12- 8pm
During Evening Group Swim Lessons Sessions, the pool will close from 5:55- 6:35pm
Saturday & Sunday
Open Swim 12- 6pm
DAILY ADMISSION FEES:
Student (5-18 years of age) $2.00
Senior Citizen (60 & up) $2.00
Youth (under 5 years of age) $1.00
Non- Swimmers $1.00
No Refunds, even if the Aquatic Center Closed Early!!
We accept cash or check only, at this time, we are unable to accept credit or debit cards as payment. Thank you.
WITHIN CITY LIMITS RATE (determined by valid driver's license)
Student (5-18 years of age) $60.00
Youth (under 5 years of age) $40.00
Senior Citizen (60 yrs or older) $60.00
OUT OF CITY LIMITS RATE
Student (5-18 years of age) $70.00
Youth (under 5 years of age) $50.00
Senior Citizen (60 yrs or older) $70.00
Independence Aquatic Center Family Season Pass REQUIREMENTS:
1. Family Members defined as those claimed on your taxes & reside at the same address.
2. You may add 1 day-care provider/ babysitter to your pool membership for an additional $10.00.
You are NOT allowed to add extended family members, friends, etc... who do not meet the requirements above on your family season pass.
Independence Aquatic Center RULES: (Please Read Carefully)
1. NO Diving in the shallow end of the swimming pool or in other areas marked "NO DIVING"
2. NO rough play in or around the swimming pool.
3. NO Running on the deck.
4. NO cell phone usage allowed in the locker rooms.
5. Children 7 years of age or under must be accompanied and under the watchful eye of an adult or reponsible caregive above the age of 14.
6. Everyone entering the Aquatic Center must pay the daily rate or have a season pass even if they do not plan to swim.
7. NO carry-in food, coolers, or drink allowed in the facility except for personal water bottles- with water.
8. Absolutely NO GLASS containers or any other type of glass allowed in the facility.
9. Shower before entering the pool.
10. Proper swim wear must be worn in the pool.
11. Infants and toddlers MUST wear swim pants/ diapers- NO disposable diapers. Swim diapers are sold at the concession stand.
12. Children may have palm-sized toys in the zero-depth only. Inflatable toys, flippers, water guns, throwing toys, and balls are NOT allowed inside the Aquatic Center Facility.
13. Family restroom is for immediate family members only.
14. Slide Rules are posted on the slide- NOTE: All riders MUST be at least 48 inches tall. Catching at the bottom of the slide is NOT allowed, Only 1 Rider is allowed down the slide at a time. Goggles/ life jackets may NOT be worn down the slides.
Enjoy our Slide Show... A special thank you to Blake Hayward & Wilbur's Aerial Services for the wonderful overhead shots :)
Aquatic Center Closure InformationMay be obtained by calling the Aquatic Center @ 319-334-7464 or Parks & Recreation Department @ 319-334-6711. Information will also be posted here and on the Independence Parks & Recreation Department Facebook Page.
Aquatic Center Closure Policies- The Aquatic Center may CLOSE early for any one or more of the following reasons:
1. Air Temperature falls below 70 degrees and/ or less than 20 swimmers in the water for 2 hours.
2. Threatening weather in the area.
3. Scheduled special events, for example home swim meets.